Welcome to M.A.R.B.

My name is Crystal and I am the addict that will be blogging about recipes I have torn out of Magazines.

Here is the plan. Every Sunday I will choose and make a recipe. I will take photos during the process and then give a critique. I have been accumulating recipes over that past 5 years and it is about time I try them.

I hope you will find this blog informative and entertaining. Thank you!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Horseradish Cheddar Cheese Ball

First I would like to apologize to those who do take the time to read this blog for not having posted yesterday.

I attempted to choose a recipe that I could do after work last night and post before midnight but when I came home, I read the instructions and realized that was not going to happen. Oops!

I chose to make a cheese ball because it is suitable to serve at a party. Maybe even a  New Year's Eve party.

I tore this recipe out of the Food Network Magazine but is really a recipe that is supposedly to accompany a lovely bottle of entwine wine. 


Here are the ingredients that are needed to execute this recipe.


You can choose whichever crackers you like. These are the ones my husband brought home. They worked nicely.

The manner in which the first step was to be done was not specific. So, I threw all of the requested ingredients in a bowl and used a wooden spoon to kind of mash it all together.


The second step confused me slightly. I was most likely reading into it too much. Instead of forming the cheese mixture into a ball in the bowl and then covering the bowl with plastic wrap, I scooped it out onto a piece of plastic wrap and formed the ball while wrapping it.


It is at the end of step two were I realized that I should have read the directions before selecting this recipe, as the recipe I would make at 10pm. The words "chill until firm" and "4 hours or overnight" were the cause for this late blog entry. Sorry.

Anyways, this morning I executed step three and four resulting in this:


Although this recipe is time consuming and requires quite a few ingredients, I am going to KEEP it. Next time I will add more Horseradish. You can taste it so, if you aren't a big fan like I am the amount that is requested is enough.

Weight Watchers' followers: I would estimate 1 tbsp of cheese ball on a cracker would be 3 points. It depends on which crackers you choose. You could just eat it with celery. Celery is 0 points!

Happy New Year's Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment