Welcome to M.A.R.B.

My name is Crystal and I am the addict that will be blogging about recipes I have torn out of Magazines.

Here is the plan. Every Sunday I will choose and make a recipe. I will take photos during the process and then give a critique. I have been accumulating recipes over that past 5 years and it is about time I try them.

I hope you will find this blog informative and entertaining. Thank you!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies with Lemon Buttercream Frosting

Happy Holidays!

With the time of year in mind I chose to make cookies today. This recipe was torn out of an insert that was in the Canadian Living Magazine.

It is another double sided recipe.




I did not have to buy anything to execute this recipe. If you enjoy baking on a regular basis you should have all of the ingredients.

Here are the ingredients for the dough:


I love the way the brown sugar looks.

I made the dough in my mixer and then divided it. Put it in the fridge to chill for 2 hours.

After two hours I took one half and proceeded to roll the dough to the instructed 1/8' thickness. I personally think that is too thin. My first rolling attempt was not successful. The dough stuck to the counter. Solution: more flour. I chose to cut my cookies into stars. Again referencing the holiday theme. I cut out the bases of the cookies and then the tops. The first time I did the tops I cut out the center while it was on my counter. Not a good idea. I had difficulty moving it from the counter to the cookie sheet. After re-rolling the scraps, I cut the tops, put them whole onto the cookie sheet and then cut out the center.


Although the recipe did not instruct it, I placed the cookie sheets into the fridge for approximately 5 minutes. Then I put them in the oven. The instruction say to bake them for 9-12 minutes. My oven seems to be hotter then the ovens used by recipe makers so, I set my timer for 7 minutes.They were not done after 7 minutes so I added 3 minutes and ended up with these.


They were done a little to well for my liking.

The frosting ingredients are staples in my home.


It was easy to make.

I assembled the cookies and took them over the third Christmas dinner I have had this year.


This recipe was ok. Nothing too special. I like the flavour combination. Somewhat time consuming. The cookies could be more spicy. The frosting was sweet and over powered the flavour of the cookies. I am going to TOSS this recipe.

Weight Watcher's followers: 1 sandwich cookies is 4 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment