Welcome to M.A.R.B.

My name is Crystal and I am the addict that will be blogging about recipes I have torn out of Magazines.

Here is the plan. Every Sunday I will choose and make a recipe. I will take photos during the process and then give a critique. I have been accumulating recipes over that past 5 years and it is about time I try them.

I hope you will find this blog informative and entertaining. Thank you!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lasagna Bolognese

I cannot remember if I have ever made a meat lasagna before today. If I have, it was a LONG time ago. 

This recipe was torn out of the Rachel Ray Magazine. I had a very stereotypical frame of mind when choosing it. An Italian Woman created it, it has got to be good!


I did not end up tearing out any of the other Lasagna recipes in the magazine. I like to stick to the classics.

Here are the ingredients all meticulously placed. (I am thinking about investigating a career in food styling)

 
The pancetta was the most expensive ingredient. It probably did not help that I purchased it already chopped. When I opened the package and attempted to finely chop it  I realized that it was a tough meat to cut! I would suggest buying it chopped.


The above picture was the most aromatic stage of the recipe. The garlic, bay leaf and thyme are a wonderful combination!

Then the ground beef, crushed tomatoes and water was added and voila, meat ragu.


Below is the the creamy bechamel sauce. Be generous with the salt and pepper!


Now for the assembly.


I do not know if my 9 by 13 inch dish is bigger than Rachael Ray's but I did not end up doing 5 layers.

Here is the end result.


Here is the 1/8 serving size.


I served it with ceasar salad and slices of Italian bread. My husband and mother-in-law really enjoyed it. 
So did I! I will KEEP this recipe. It is worth the 2 hours it took to make it.

Only 10 Weight Watcher's points for this massive piece of Lasagna!

No comments:

Post a Comment